Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Lodge - Ngala Private Game Reserve

While in Ngala I took about 450 photos! I want to share just a few of them with you to give a flavour of my experience.

In this entry I have included pictures of the place we stayed.  That is, the Lodge itself.  

It was a perfect place to relax.  My phones simply did not work so for the first time in months I was unhooked! I could relax on a number of decked areas overlooking a watering hole or a pool or one that just let me stare into the distance.

The rooms were fantastic.  My bed was really comfortable - not that I got to spend much time in it!

We fed well.  The lunch was a sumptuous spread of salads and cold meat.  I was a little disappointed to find out that what I though was a side of wild boar freshly caught that morning was just regular pig.  But it and the chutney that went with it was superb.  Oh, and there was an apple pie to die for!

Dinner was served in a lantern lit court yard.  It was an idilic when to end the day.


No comments: