Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Petition

This kind of thing gets my goat. Thing is, someday someone is going to make it illegal for me to get my goat. They'll say things like 'you can't have a goat, because you discriminated against a sheep!'. And I'll say something like 'but I wanted, no, I needed a goat and besides it is my back garden I want a goat in it - not a sheep'. Of course, I don't actually have a goat, but if I did I would go and get it right now and no on can stop me.......sorry, back to the issue...

Click here to sign a petition in an attempt to help Christian Union's control who may come into leadership of them. While the goat business above is a load of nonsensical ramblings there is a serious issue at stake here. A Christian Union should be exactly what is claims to be - a union of Christians. Therefore the union cannot have anyone in it, and certainly not leading it who is not united by the fact that they are Christians. A diversion from that will make it neither Christian nor a union!

Maybe the issue is that we have diluted the very meaning of what it is to be a Christian but that is a another debate entirely.

FYI, you have to be a UK resident to vote in the petition and you can only sign once - a bit like an election.

3 comments:

☆Laura☆ said...

so... i'm a little confused... where are you going to keep your goat???

Only jokin lol!

Elia said...

Well, apparently I'm not allowed a goat in my apartment! So may have to keep it down the alotment which could be good thing. It will be more difficult to get my goat but then again it may be easier for others to get it. Mmmm.

I could also keep it on a boat or beside a moat because it rhymes! Do they sell goat houses down at pet world? Maybe Old Macdonald needs a goat, can't remember if there was one in the song. The wee fella could stay with him I suppose. EIEIO!

☆Laura☆ said...

LOL! Hilarious!