Sunday, April 22, 2007

Google to Go!

I just set up my N73 so I can get my Google Mail on the go. While the downloadable gmail application (go to http://googlemail.com/app with your phone's browser) looks and works pretty well I decided to try and use the N73s own email client. Using the settings for 'other' devices as advised by Google, and making sure that my Google Mail settings were such that they allowed POP, it wasn't long before I got it working.

A point to note though. If you allow POP for all mail and then connect using your phone you may well find that all your old email, even the archived ones, are then downloaded to your phone. Probably best to set the POP bit up for new mail only or just ask your phone to retrieve only new mail.

So send me an email so I can pick it up on my phone!

No comments: